Manpower Planning is the key for the success of any organization which is also called as Human Resource Planning consists of putting the right number of people, right kind of people at the right place, right time, doing the right things for which they are suited for the achievement of goals of the organization.
Human Resource Planning has got an important place in the arena of industrialization. Human Resource Planning has to be a systems approach and is carried out in a set procedure.
India Consultancy Steps in Manpower Planning
1. Analyzing the current manpower inventory- Before a manager makes a forecast of future manpower, the current manpower status has to be analyzed. For this, the following things have to be noted-
- Type of organization
- Number of departments
- Number and quantity of such departments
- Employees in these work units
Once these factors are registered by a manager, he goes for future forecasting.
2. Making future manpower forecasts- Once the factors affecting the future manpower forecasts are known, planning can be done for the future manpower requirements in several work units.
3. Developing employment programmes- Once the current inventory is compared with future forecasts, the employment programmes can be framed and developed accordingly, which will include recruitment, selection procedures, and placement plans.
4. Design training programmes- These will be based upon the extent of diversification, expansion plans, development programmes, etc. Training programmes depend upon the extent of improvement in technology and advancement to take place. It is also done to improve upon the skills, capabilities, knowledge of the workers.